Yubikey, GnuPG 2.1 Modern, and SSH on OS X

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Jan 15 10:29:13 CET 2016

Glenn Rempe <glenn at rempe.us> writes:

> I recently setup my own Mac w/ gnupg 2.1.10, and I am using a Yubikey to
> manage my gpg private keys and I am using that key for SSH auth.  I have it
> all up and running but I ran into some issues as well so I wrote up a blog
> post.  I'd appreciate any suggestions for improvement and especially for
> any ideas for a better fix for the workaround I had to do that I documented
> at the end of the post.  Maybe this will be of some use to those wanting to
> use the latest gpg for SSH auth on a Mac with a Yubikey.
>
> https://www.rempe.us/blog/yubikey-gnupg-2-1-and-ssh/

Have you tried killing/restarting scdaemon only, not gpg-agent?

Try:

gpgconf --reload scdaemon

or

gpg-connect-agent "SCD KILLSCD" "SCD BYE" /bye

Why do you add the keygrip to the sshcontrol file?  I have never needed
that step.  For me it uses the right key directly.  Is it because you
have another (revoked) A subkey?  It sounds somewhat of sub-optimal
behaviour for gpg-agent's SSH support to use a revoked key instead of
the non-revoked key.

/Simon