2.1.10 with libgcrypt 1.7.0-beta300

Fulano Diego Perez fulanoperez at cryptolab.net
Sat Jan 23 14:11:28 CET 2016

NIIBE Yutaka:
> On 01/11/2016 11:23 PM, Fulano Diego Perez wrote:
>> Can anybody confirm on debian stretch 64 a successful build with
>> libgcrypt beta ?
>
> GnuGP and libgcrypt development version build successfully on my
> 32-bit ARMv7l.
>
>> checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.6.0... yes (1.7.0-beta300)
>> checking LIBGCRYPT API version... okay
>
> Good, you have the libgcrypt development version installed.
>
>> i cannot create curve25519 encryption sub keys
>>
>> gpg: agent_genkey failed: Invalid flag
>> gpg: Key generation failed: Invalid flag
>>
>> but i could create NIST and Brainpool enc sub keys
>>
>> something's not right...
>>
>> still using 1.6.4 according to --version
>
> How do you install the libgcrypt on your system?
>
> If it's /usr/local/lib, you would need LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.
>
>     $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
>
> For me, with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it goes:
>
>     $ gpg2 --version
>     gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.11-beta67
>     libgcrypt 1.7.0-beta298
>     NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
>     It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
>     used in a production environment or with production keys!
>     Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>     License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
>     This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>     There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
>     Home: ~/.gnupg
>     Supported algorithms:
>     Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
>     Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
>             CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
>     Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
>
> Please note that you need to invoke gpg-agent with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, too.

can explain how you mean to invoke ?

i export library path for gpg2 and shows expected libgcrypt version

i can clearsign with ed25519 EDDSA subkey

i have problem testing encryption with cv25519 subkey

tried to test with $ fortune | gpg2 --sign --encrypt -u abc --recipient
123 --recipient 456 | gpg2 --decrypt

gpg: ecdh failed in gcry_cipher_decrypt: Checksum error
gpg: ecdh failed in gcry_cipher_decrypt: Checksum error
gpg: encrypted with 256-bit ECDH key, ID test, created 2016
      "test"
gpg: public key decryption failed: Checksum error
gpg: encrypted with 256-bit ECDH key, ID test, created 2016
      test2
gpg: public key decryption failed: Checksum error
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

i have secret key

tried list-packets & -vvv - nothing more on errors

maybe this is conflict with persistent gpg-agent and ssh-agent
	they are listed in htop with PID but no RAM use

how can to figure this out ?

same error is if i run thunderbird from terminal, with LD path

i can run enigmail beta and see EDDSA and ECDH subkeys ok

can sign EDDSA mail

but no encrypt