Change agent-socket path

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 1 12:25:59 CEST 2016

On Fri,  1 Jul 2016 01:58, wolf at wolfsden.cz said:

> the building/signing is done in fakeroot environment. Therefore the
> socket path default to ~/.gnupg/S.gnu-agent. Because (at least it seems
> to me) in fakeroot I am root (0) and therefore don't own /run/user/1000

That is a very special case I would like to avoid an exception for this
(ie. relaxing the ownwed-by-user check).

> What would be a good way to solve this issue?

You can set the envvar GNUPGHOME to a different directory and this will
then be used for the socket and all other files - assuming that you did
not create a dedicated directory below /var/user/1000/gnupg for example
with "gpgconf --create-socketdir".

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */