gpg-agent and ~/.ssh/config IdentityFile

Muri Nicanor muri+gnupg-users at immerda.ch
Mon Jul 4 15:15:07 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 07/04/2016 01:36 PM, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 04/07/16 10:10, Muri Nicanor wrote:
>> if i use gpg-agent with ssh-support, is there a way to use the
>> IdentityFile option in ~/.ssh/config? When using ssh-agent i can point
>> IdentityFile to the corresponding private key, but i don't know how i
>> could do that using gpg-agent (esp. if the key is on card ;))
>
> Are you talking about restricting the keys available for
> authentication?

[...]
> So at least for me, it's functioning as I would expect it would after
> reading the documentation. I get the sense you're interested in a
> different configuration, one with IdentitiesOnly as well.
[...]
> So can you clarify what it is you want to accomplish?

yes, you're totally right. sorry for not being clear about this. i've
Host *
IdentitiesOnly yes

at the beginning of my ~/.ssh/config. when authenticating to a host i
only want to use the one identity/key i've created for that host instead
of sending all of them to the server...

cheers,
muri