Solid Crypting for GNUPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 14 09:38:35 CEST 2016

On Fri,  1 Jul 2016 12:02, xlbaron at li.ru said:

> Can u get policy for adding a new open-non-patent algorythms for
> crypting in new versions of GNUPG without modules to it?I still aint

You are asking on how to add new algorithms to GnuPG.  I assume you mean
the OpenPGP part (gpg).

To add a new algorithm, you first need to get it into the OpenPGP
standard (RFC-4880), then make sure that Libgcrypt supports the
algorithm, and finally add it to GnuPG.

If you do not want to wait until an RFC for your algorithm has been
published, you may use the experimental range of algorithm ids from
OpenPGP.  However, we won't accept it in the upstream version of GnuPG,
because those experimental algorithm ids have practical problems and are
only useful for, well, experiments.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */