Threefish cipher in GnuPG?

Fox DeltaSigma foxdeltasigma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:04:41 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I've been sort of a long-term user (everything is relative, I guess) of
GnuPG, mainly sticking to the 1.14.x versions, using them as standalone
inside encrypted volumes, since I usually only do pretty simple stuff,
like messages or files.

I think the Blowfish cipher is included for backward compatibility
(mainly),and I occasionally use Twofish instead of AES256, for symmetric
encryption myself.
Anyway, just out of curiosity, are there plans on including Threefish in
GnuPG? Or reasons why it hasn't been nor will be?

Best regards,
S Trenton