How to encrypt and sign with different keys

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Mon Jul 18 23:03:52 CEST 2016

On 7/18/16 2:49 PM, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:40 PM, dom at mielko.com <mailto:dom at mielko.com>
> <dom at mielko.com <mailto:dom at mielko.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am struggling with GPG command line that will encrypt file with
>     key A and sign it with key B.

You can select the key for signing with the --local-user option and the
key for encrypting with the recipient option.

>     Also, is there a way to provide the password for the signing key in
>     the command line?
>

> Try appending this to the command: `--passphrase-fd=0 <<< thepassphrase`

That's most definitely the wrong syntax.

>     I am trying to automate encrypting files.

If you want to automate signing consider exporting a signing subkey
without a passphrase. The passphrase would have to be stored along with
the key anyhow.

> Consider also using and customizing `egpg`:
>  - http://dashohoxha.github.io/egpg/gnupg-2.0/man/#CUSTOMIZATION
>  - https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg/wiki/gnupg-2.0-Customization

Or better not.

Cheers,