Stable release of branch 2.1

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:43:22 CEST 2016

Hi,

How far is the branch 2.1 from a stable release?
Is there any roadmap or timeschedule about making a stable release for 2.1?

I aksed ubuntu about when they are going to upgrade from 2.1.11 to 2.1.12
and the answer is that they don't upgrade packages on LTS, unless there is
a strong reason (which makes sense):
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnupg2/+question/294724

Can you help me to convince them that they should upgrade?
Or rather they should wait for another release of gnupg, before they
upgrade?

Thanks,
Dashamir