WINDOWS - Adding passphrase to gpg via command line

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Jun 17 10:25:59 CEST 2016

On 17/06/16 03:25, Marcos Aurelio Lenharo wrote:
> I think this is related to the following issue I opened last year:
>
> https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2015

Thanks for the pointer!

While I'm not sure, I think this isn't the problem in this specific
case. I think that bug affects stuff that uses the GET_PASSPHRASE
command only. In GnuPG v2.1, the private key is actually inside the
agent, and the agent no longer just caches passphrases. So the
GET_PASSPHRASE command is no longer used to do private key operations.
Instead, the commands PKSIGN and PKDECRYPT are used (if I'm not mistaken).

I myself got the PRESET_PASSPHRASE command to work for me, with GnuPG
v2.1.11.

Cheers,

Peter.