Pinetry: window to small + make arrow keys cancel dialog + change number of allowed wrong passphrases

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 21 11:55:20 CEST 2016

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:46, Hauke_Westemeier at web.de said:

> The main reason for my post was to tell about the too small Pinetry
> window and to know if there is an easy way to change the number of

May it be that you are using that very basic Pinentry which is the
fallback pinentry installed by the gnupg 2.1 installer?

>From the README:

  This is the core part of the GnuPG system as used by several other
  frontend programs.  This installer does not provide any graphical
  frontend and thus almost everything needs to be done on the command
  line.  However, a small native Windows GUI tool is included which is
  used by GnuPG to ask for passphrases.  It provides only the basic
  functionality and is installed under the name "pinentry-basic.exe".
  Other software using this core component may install a different
  version of such a tool under the name "pinentry.exe" or configure the
  gpg-agent to use that version.

For example, gpg4win comes with a better Pinentry.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

    /* EFH in Erkrath: https://alt-hochdahl.de/haus */