(OT) Tamper Resistance of SmartCards -- NitroKey Pro/ KernelConcepts

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Jun 27 11:43:16 CEST 2016

On 27/06/16 10:47, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> Already, I know that an effective counter measure is never sleeping.
> Please don't suggest this method. :-)

You should integrate the crypto token and PIN pad under your skin.
Subdermal keypad on the back of the hand, or one sensor per finger [1].
Nobody can take either your crypto token or your means of entering PINs
without cutting you while you sleep, which you would notice.

The only problem I see ;-P is that you would need to rely on contactless
interfaces which are harder to secure than
electrical-contact-meets-electrical-contact.

But at least you can go to sleep feeling safe.

Just kidding,

Peter.

[1] Flexing your left thumb is "0", flexing your right middle finger is
"8", something like that.