Remove photos from OpenPGP key in the keyservers

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Wed Mar 9 20:30:11 CET 2016

On 09/03/16 18:47, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> So am I
> correct in this thinking: if I attach a picture to my key and upload
> it to a keyserver then remove the picture and upload that 'version' of
> my key to the server, the key on the server STILL HAS my picture and
> the clients choose to ignore it at that point?

Not only do the servers still have your picture, but clients cannot know
to ignore it unless you explicitly revoke the picture and upload the
revocation. But all this does is mark the picture as invalid. Clients
have to download the picture before they find out it has been revoked -
so other people will still be able to see it.