gnupg doesn't create new keys

keith gnupg at soondae.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 21:00:24 CET 2016

Hi... Trust me. I know nothing.

I have an Intel Core-2 Duo running Linux Mint.

I assume you got a message that you had to do something in order to
collect 'the entropy'. That doing something involves going off and using
the computer to do other things rather than looking at the terminal.

The message, IIRC, says you have to move the mouse about or use the
keyboard but, and someone else might step in... Try watching some movies
or perhaps better still go tar some random files on your hard disk and
write a snotty letter to someone whilst playing 'Heavy Metal' and other
stuff.

Again I know nothing but I think the 'entropy thing' is an effort to
generate some random prime numbers and you need to create the randomness
by picking your nose or scratching your arse in between fiddling with
the keyboard and other things to do with the computer.

Apologies if that comes across as being facetious. The more random you
are as a human and the faster you do more random things as a human the
faster the entropy arises.

Best

Keith