Using gpg for ssh access

Arthur Ulfeldt arthur at ulfeldt.com
Thu Mar 17 08:47:37 CET 2016

When setting this up I missed the step of explicitly enabling ssh agent
mode in gpg agent so it would listen for connections from ssh (and pretend
to be the ssh agent) then I had to set the environment variable for the ssh
socket to the gpg agent socket. After a short while this grew tedious and I
installed envoy (arch Linux) to manage the gpg agent though there are many
other equally good ways of doing this.

Not having the agent working was really frustrating to figure out why it
would not use the key, so perhaps this could be something worth checking,
if only to double check that you are connecting to the correct agent.