Should always add myself as recipient when ecrypting?

Brian Minton brian at minton.name
Mon Mar 21 13:03:18 CET 2016

Here's a possible reason: suppose your recipient is being targeted by an
enemy who wishes to read their communications. They have determined through
traffic analysis that you are in communication with their target. They may
then attempt to convince/coerce/trick you to decrypt the message.  In other
words, by adding an additional human target, you reduce the need for actual
cryptanalysis.