testing installation for the new modern version 2.1.11

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 21 15:20:19 CET 2016

Hi,

On Sunday 20 March 2016 at 18:44:54, amr wrote:
> I have just installed gpg2 version 2.1.11 from the previous version
> 2.0.29 (without removing the old version)

thanks for helping to test GnuPG. :)

> with some difficulties , and I
> managed to create new keys but I need to make sure that   it has been
> installed properly ,how can I run self test for all the components
> and programs  conforming this new version

In the nature of testing there usually is no complete test coverage. :)
Depending on how you have installed 2.1.11, you may have the automatic
test available coming with the source code.
Otherwise, I suggest you test your main use cases manually.

(As an example, here is a testplan for GpgOL compatibility
https://wiki.gnupg.org/GpgOL/Testplan)

Best,
Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner