EasyGnuPG

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Tue Mar 22 18:06:15 CET 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 04:29:42PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:41, ben at adversary.org said:
>
> > provides a socket interface with which you can interact with
> > portions of the GPGME functions, including most of the most common
> > functions.
>
> FWIW: We even consider to extend gpgme-tool to be a Native Messaging
> Server for Browsers.

Ah, well that explains the reasoning behind the XML format used for
storing key data then.  Presumably it was done back when XHTML was
being pushed as the future of the web, way before the current H5
thing.  Fortunately there's still a bunch of decent reasons to use XML
when defining information sets, even if most developers and almost all
users never touch it.

I guess I'd better make another branch to put those Relax-NG and XSD
(W3C) schemas I generated in for anyone who needs them.

Regards,
Ben