Force textual pinpad

Paolo Bolzoni paolo.bolzoni.brown at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:50:42 CET 2016

I works fine, thanks everyone. I wrote down the whole procedure for
the men of the future with the same problem:

1- Ensure that pinentry is installed in your system,
2- See what options you have writing pinentry- in your shell and pressing tab,
  (The textual choices are pinentry-curses and pinentry-tty)
3- Edit $GNUPGHOME/gpg-agent.conf, if $GNUPGHOME is unset it means
~/.gnupg, and if the gpg-agent.conf file does not exist you can create
it.
4- Add the following configuration line (here for example is curses)
  pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-curses
  double check the file path.
5- Restart the agent:
  $ ps aux | grep gpg-agent # to get the pid
  $ kill -2 <the pid>
  $ gpg-connect-agent /bye
6- Test if you like it
  $ gpg --symmetric <any file>