What am I missing?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Mar 30 22:04:28 CEST 2016

> BTW, "Johann" with 2 n's is the German spelling. In Dutch it's only 1
> n at the end.

I apologize; I meant no disrespect.

> I didn't see this from the legal files, but did the FBI used these
> precedents in court?

The particular case I cited was just one of many times the government
used the All Writs Act to compel a manufacturer to bypass security.  The
FBI's petition with respect to Apple attempted to use the All Writs Act
in a similar way.  I don't know if they used the specific case I cited
as precedent; they had many options to choose from.