making a Debian Live CD for managing GnuPG master key and smartcards

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun May 1 11:22:53 CEST 2016

On 01/05/16 10:55, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> The correspondents of the key owner will need to refresh their copy of
> the key as often as it expires.

I expect some people would be worried about the amount of metadata this
leaks with short expiry times. If you are in the position to sample
refreshes, it gives a nice view of how many people regularly use the
key, based on the number of refreshes of the key. When people don't use
things like Tor to hide their key refreshes, they also leak the
information that they personally are using the key.

HTH,

Peter.