(OT) development infrastructure

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed May 4 14:34:07 CEST 2016

On 04/05/16 12:16, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> GitHub provides issue/project management features on top of Git.
> For example it will notify me when new issues are created, when
> pull requests are merged, when new releases are made, etc.

Debian has its own infrastructure for that. In fact, the Git repository
for the Live CD is hosted by the Debian infrastructure.

Incidentally, GitHub is not as free (as in freedom) as some would like
it to be, so it makes sense Debian, with its DFSG, is using its own
infrastructure for it. (I'm just putting it in perspective, I'm not
trying to provoke a discussion on freedom)

HTH,

Peter.