[tool / utility] check-trustpaths, a command-line tool for retrieving and checking chains of signatures in the web of trust

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 4 16:26:10 CEST 2016

Hi Johannes,

Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2016 10:18:04 schrieb Johannes Nix:
> https://github.com/jnxx/check-trustpaths
>
> I'd be happy to hear whether it is working for you
> and where it can be improved.

I like the idea, I'll probably try it once I have a need for the use case.
Maybe you can add a link to your tool to wiki.gnupg.org?

First thing I've noticed is that it does not use the recommended gnupg api
based on gpgme. Did you consider pyme or pygpgme?
(See https://wiki.gnupg.org/APIs )
For a new application (which is not a module) I would directly go to python3
and gpg2 only in order to easy future maintenance.

Best,
Bernhard

--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3