OT egpg evaluation

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Sun May 8 08:10:47 CEST 2016

Starting an other topic.

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 6:11 AM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.email> wrote:

> On 04/26/2016 06:37 AM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>
>> I've looked over your egpg code.  My bloodless technical evaluation is
>> simple: "it is nowhere near ready for production environments."  And I
>> think if you read over the other technical criticisms you've received,
>> you'll see this is pretty much a consensus opinion.
>>

> +1 on all counts.

Thanks. Your opinion counts.

There are two branches of egpg: gnupg-2.0 and gnupg-2.1
corresponding to the stable and modern versions of GnuPG.
Are you sure you used the right branch for testing?
Did you find any bugs? Or missing features? Or wrong features?
Or is it totally a worthless idea.

Well, the branch egpg/gnupg-2.1 is still in development and
I agree with you on all counts. But the branch egpg/gnupg-2.0
is tested and documented and bug free (up to my knowledge).

Dashamir