OT egpg evaluation

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun May 8 14:30:45 CEST 2016

On 08/05/16 14:09, flapflap wrote:
> (for that reason, most unix tools
> accept a "--" argument to interpret all following args as input/file
> names, not as commands)

This includes gpg2. The complexity of the gpg2 command line means some
things require a good ordering of options and commands, while often unix
tools will accept any ordering. But the convention that "--" means
everything that follows is input is also observed by gpg2, at least in
my quick check. The following two are decidedly different:

$ gpg2 -o test.gpg -r de500b3e -e -s
$ gpg2 -o test.gpg -r de500b3e -e -- -s

The second uses the file named -s and doesn't sign.

HTH,

Peter.