GnuPG - Encryption process issues.

Carlos Alberto Moreno Torres cmorenot at mx1.ibm.com
Tue May 24 22:09:21 CEST 2016

To whom it might concern,

In recent days, Human Resources Department had some issues while using the
Encryption Program GnuPG in payroll activities, this issue caused a delay
since files where encrypted but information was in blank (like if
encryption process did not finish.)

As part of remediation process, we found out that it could only work with
Root Permissions but not with the current user. We want to confirm how does
the encryption process works and if you can share any thoughts of what
might could happen. If you require more information, please do not hesitate
to ask me.

Thanks in advance.

   Carlos A. Moreno Torres
    Problem Management