Fw: GnuPG - Encryption process issues.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue May 31 19:47:41 CEST 2016

Hi Carlos--

Please reply in the original thread, to make it easier for people to
follow the discussion.

I've added some References: headers back in here so some mailers might
merge the threads, but this won't work for everyone.

Also, when sharing terminal transcripts, sending mail without
unnecessary line-wrapping will make them much easier for your readers to
interpret.

It looks like you're trying to sign the file (that's what the "-s" part
of "-se" means).  For whatever reason, the signature itself is likely to
be what is failing, and not the encryption.  If you drop the signatures
in your test (using -e instead of -se) do they all complete cleanly?  To
be clear: I'm not saying you shouldn't sign at the same time as
encrypting, i'm trying to help you narrow down the cause of the problem.

I also see you fiddling with the ownership of ~/.gnupg/random_seed --
you really shouldn't need to do that, and ideally each user will control
their own random_seed automatically -- you shouldn't be sharing a gnupg
home directory between to different user accounts unless you absolutely
need to.

     --dkg