[admin] postings from non-subscribers

Anthony Papillion anthony at cajuntechie.org
Mon Nov 7 22:19:41 CET 2016

On 11/7/2016 2:47 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> On 07.11.16 19:06, Werner Koch wrote:
>
>> Our mailing list admins are moderating posts from non-subscribed
>> posters. For many years they are doing this without getting much
>> attention - time for a big KUDOS to them.
>
> That's quite unusual. Thanks to the list admins for their work. Still,
> I personally (!) don't think there is any need to accommodate non-
> subscribers. The whole notion of "I want information but cannot be
> bothered to subscribe" rubs me the wrong way.

I tend to feel the same way. I've never understood that mentality. I
mean, it literally takes less than a minute to subscribe then less than
another to unsubscribe. You really want information but it's not worth
two-minutes of your time to get it? Must not be really important to you
then.

Still, their willingness to moderate non-subscribers shows how much our
moderators rock. Most mailing list I belong to would never do this. This
sets our mods apart! Great job guys.

Anthony