Specifying entropy source

Juergen Christoffel jc.gnupg at unser.net
Wed Nov 16 15:55:22 CET 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 11:57:18AM +0100, aafanasyev at os3.nl wrote:

>I know that during generation of the key will be asked for moving mouse or
>some other actions to create enough entropy. However could I use a
>specific source to create entropy for key generation? Like only mouse or
>keyboard.

As Stefan wrote, try haveged.

Or: if your CPU has "RDRAND" (i.e. grep rdrand /proc/cpuinfo) it contains
Intel's hardware RNG. Which you have to trust, as it's a proprietary
feature of a big player. But Linux's entropy gathering mixes its output
with other sources of randomness,

Then there are http://www.bitbabbler.org and
http://ubld.it/products/truerng-hardware-random-number-generator/ as
hardware random number generators. Both are worth their money IMO.

	--jc

--
  Doctorow's Law: Anytime someone puts a lock on something you own, against
  your wishes, and doesn't give you the key, they're not doing it for your