Primary and Signing Key on Different Smart Cards

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Nov 17 20:26:55 CET 2016

On 17/11/16 17:13, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> You will need to have the private key on-disk for both versions, I'm
> afraid.

You will need the private key on-disk *temporarily* while setting up the
smartcards. But with Knoppix, that "disk" can be a RAM disk in the main
memory of your computer, obliterated once you power it off.

I reread part of my own message in the reply by Arthur Ulfeldt, and
noticed how unclear I had worded it :-).

HTH,

Peter.