How to prevent passphrase caching in 2.1

Carola Grunwald caro at nymph.paranoici.org
Sun Nov 27 18:15:55 CET 2016

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 03:28, caro at nymph.paranoici.org said:
>
>> Sure, I like v1.4's small footprint and its reliability. But as the
>> --faked-system-time option, important in my application for privacy
>> reasons, wasn't backported to v1.4, I had to migrate to v2.1. I'm still
>
>If you are running on a glibc system you can apt-get install faketime to
>get basically the same effect.

Werner, thanks for your reply.

But no, unfortunately it's a Windows server application with GnuPG, Tor,
Mixmaster and Hamster embedded. And in a server environment it's
problematic to switch system time back and forth, which this proxy
nevertheless is forced to support though you get problems like this Tor
confusion

| 19:46:03.084 650 NOTICE Bootstrapped 100%: Done
| 17:20:38.564 650 NOTICE Your system clock just jumped 181526 seconds backward; assuming established circuits no longer work.
| 19:46:06.722 650 NOTICE Your system clock just jumped 181527 seconds forward; assuming established circuits no longer work.

which by itself leaks information to the Internet.

I'm stuck.

Kind regards

Caro