Why GnuPG encrypted file has no icon?

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Oct 4 12:19:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Saturday 01 October 2016 04:10:03 Rohit P wrote:
> When you encrypt multiple files in a folder, GnuPG encrypted files have no
> icon. It is difficult to immediately identify which are the encrypted
> files.

If you are using Gpg4win you can try out our Beta of gpg4win-3.0

(See: https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Testversions ) There we added set up of
file extensions and handling of files by "double click" for Windows.

> Any specific reason why encrypted files have no icon?

One problem was that the .pgp / .gpg / .asc extentions are pretty general. It
could be Keys, signed data, detached signatures, etc.. so to bind them to an
application the application would have to detect what a file is and handle it
appropiately. This is done now by Kleopatra.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/