Terminology - certificate or key ?

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Tue Oct 4 17:55:30 CEST 2016

On 03.10.2016, Werner Koch wrote: 

> We would call the left one a "normales Vorhangeschloss" (simple
> padlock).  But the middle one is known as a "Schappschloss" - referring
> to the feature that you do not need a key to lock it.

The left one is a modular padlock, and the one in the middle is an
integrated padlock. According to one of my friends who is a native
en_GB speaker. Not shure if this helps, though. I guess most languages
simply use "padlock" for both types. Haengeschloss in German,
hengelås in NO, hänglås (SE), hængelås (DK)..

More information about the Gnupg-users mailing list