smartcard reader

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 19 13:06:48 CEST 2016

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:17, stebe at mailbox.org said:

> I haven't found any information on whether gnuk token (as an
> implementation of reader and card) accepts the exchange of the
> integrated card (for another one)? That was one of the main reasons for

There is no integrated card.  gnuk uses an SM32 MCU which implements the
OpenPGP card and CCID interface specs.  This has the huge advantage that
all software (firmware) is free software.  The drawback is that it is
not tamper resistant - your safe with important woodware documents or
your gpg key backup isn't tamper resistant either.  I prefer the free
software solution given that the attack surface is smaller.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner