smartcard reader

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Oct 20 09:49:20 CEST 2016

On 19/10/16 13:01, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 22:50, gnudevliz at gmail.com said:
>
>> SCM SPR 532 USB ID: 04e6:e003 PC/SC reader name: SPRx32
>
> FWIW, the company is known indentive but the readers still work.
>
>> KAAN Advanced USB ID: 0d46:
>
> Has problems with larger signing keys - I used it in the past.
>
>> FSIJ Gnuk Token USB ID: 234b:0000
>
> Not a reader but a token which im-plements the same interface as a
> reader.  I used it all the time; despite that it is not taper
> resistant.
>
>> Reiner cyberJack Go USB ID: 0c4b:0504
>
> Does not work.
>
>> Vasco DigiPASS 920 USB ID: 1a44:0920
>
> Never tried.
>
>> Cherry ST2000 USB ID: 046a:003e
>
> I used it for some weeks.  I stopped using it only due to local
> problems.

Thanks for helping eliminate some of those from the list, is anybody
able to update the wiki?

Are there any new options that weren't listed already?

I also added another blog about choosing hardware today:

https://danielpocock.com/choosing-smartcards-readers-hardware-for-outreachy-2016

Regards,

Daniel