Decrypting a non-mdc encrypted message results in Exitcode 0 but also in status DECRYPTION_FAILED

Daniel Ranft Daniel.Ranft at giepa.de
Fri Oct 28 10:50:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

we have a customer that receives emails from totemomail. These messages are not MDC protected and therefore will cause a warning. Sadly this will (since GnuPG modern) also result in a DECRYPTION_FAILED status message, which we are parsing.

Is this intended like that? What should we parse instead?

Thanks,
Daniel Ranft
gpg4o developer

--
Verschlüsseln Sie Ihre E-Mails mit gpg4o für Outlook | Encrypt your email with gpg4o
Meinen PGP-Schlüssel finden Sie auf hkp://pgp.mit.edu. Key-ID: B8DAE2A2

Giegerich & Partner GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Straße 18 | D-63303 Dreieich
Tel. +49 6103 5881-50 | Fax +49 6103 5881-49
daniel.ranft at giepa.de | http://www.giepa.de

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (TU) Hans-Joachim Giegerich
Amtsgericht Offenbach/Main | HRB 33236