[Linux/OS X] Identiv SCR3500 A working with OpenPGP Smartcards 2.1?

Damien Goutte-Gattat dgouttegattat at incenp.org
Tue Sep 13 08:17:58 CEST 2016

On 09/13/2016 02:12 AM, Scott R. Santos wrote:
>  Specifically, has this reader been successfully used to read and
> write to OpenPGP v2.1 Smartcards under current distros/versions of
> Linux and/or Apple OS X using recent versions of gnupg?

I am successfully using it with an OpenPGP Smartcard v2.0 (not 2.1),
under Slackware Linux with GnuPG 2.1.15.

It works both with Scdaemon's internal CCID driver and with the
pcscd/libpcsclite stack.

> Any info would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance,

If you don't plan to use your reader for anything else than GnuPG, you
may use the internal CCID driver. In that case, there's not much to do;
about the only thing you may have to take care of (if it's not already
done on your system) is to make sure that your own user account is
allowed to access the reader.

(That's for GNU/Linux; as for OS X, I have no clue.)

Damien