Changing smartcard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 13 16:33:01 CEST 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:02, andrewg at andrewg.com said:

> 1. Why was the A keystub not deleted and regenerated when I did gpg
> --delete-secret-keys; gpg --card-status, like the E and S ones
> apparently were?

Did you get a pinentry prompt to confirm the deletion of the secret key
(actually two prompts for primary and subkey)?

> 2. What do these fingerprint-like IDs in the agent and v1.d refer to?
> They don't correspond to anything that --with-colons produces.

That is the "keygrip"; a protocol independent kind of fingerprint.  The
option --with-keygrip shows it; in the colon listing it is a record
named "grp".  The private keys as well as the key stubs are stored in
files with the keygrip as name.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner