Signing and symmetrically encrypting files

Arbiel (gmx) arbiel.perlacremaz at gmx.fr
Wed Sep 14 17:28:59 CEST 2016

-------- Message transféré --------
From: 07 2016 <>
Subject: Re: Signing and symmetrically encrypting files
To: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>
From: Arbiel (gmx) <arbiel.perlacremaz at gmx.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:37:59 +0200

Thank's, Bernhard, to taking time to reply to my post.

Asymmetric encryption requires the recipients to use my public key to
get access the documents, whereas symmetric encryption only requires
them to key in the encryption key. Obviously the recipients who are not
confident enough with using asymmetric encryption won't be able to
verify the authentity of the documents, but this a least drawback.

However, if I can't sign and encrypt in a single step, I'll sign and
then symmetrically encrypt the signed document, or the other way around.

I forgot to write that I want the process (sign and encrypt) to procede
without any keyboard-typing.

Le 14/09/2016 12:31, Bernhard Reiter a écrit :
> Am Dienstag 13 September 2016 18:02:04 schrieb Arbiel Perlacremaz:
>> I intend to define a specific password for each one of the groups to
>> symmetrically encrypt the documents depending on which group they are
>> dedicated to.
> Wouldn't it make more sense to use asymmetric encryption
> to the groups to manage the access?
>
> Bernhard
> ps.: Hint: Many people on this list do not look at HTML emails, try to send
> plain text mails (without HTML markup).
My previous message seems to have been a HTML message. I unchecked the
control and hope this answer is a clear text message
> Please also give the GnuPG version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.16
> and platform you are working with.
Ubuntu 14.04