automate pga clipboard

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Fri Sep 30 12:12:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

tim.dclinc at gmail.com:
> i am using GPA 0.9.9 to encrypt text file data. i copy/paste my text
> into the clipboard and hit encrypt. Im prompted to choose public key.
> After choosing, i get the following results (less the blah blahs).
>
> I would like to do this from a command line so i can do unattended. can
> this be done? does anyone have examples of syntax?
>
> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2
> blah..
> blah..
> blah..
> -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

I never have used any automated mode with gnupg and usually I use a
smartcard, but, generally speaking, you have to use the --batch option
and provide your passphrase via command line.
Maybe
gpg2 --batch --passphrase-file [passphrasefile] --recipient [uid or
fingerprint of recipient's key] --sign --encrypt [yourtext.txt]

But I'm not sure. Please (more expert people) correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

Stephan