Terminology - certificate or key ?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Sep 30 14:46:11 CEST 2016

> In OpenPGP this is called a "keyblock".

Where can I find this usage documented?  In almost 25 years in the PGP
community I've heard the word "key" used >95% of the time, "certificate"
<5% of the time, and this is literally the first time I've heard the
word "keyblock".

Also see:

https://www.gnutls.org/manual/html_node/OpenPGP-certificates.html
https://www.gpg4win.org/doc/en/gpg4win-compendium_12.html
http://www.pgpi.org/doc/pgpintro/
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6091

All of these are well-respected authorities (Gnutls, GnuPG, PGP
Corporation, and the IETF) using the certificate terminology.

I have been unable to find reputable uses of "keyblock" in a five-minute
Google search.  If this is the officially approved language, could you
please point me to where it's documented?