That which we call a rose

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Apr 3 15:57:07 CEST 2017

On 03/04/17 15:30, Doug Barton wrote:
> We really need to stop referring to this as signing.

I agree. But it might be too late.

I used it as a means of explaining what I meant with "Certify
capability". Next time I'll somehow work into my formulation that this
should be called certification, not signing.

Similar issues:
certificate vs (public) key
ownertrust, trust and validity

I'm inclined to give up on the latter now we have TOFU. Your speech
would become truly idiosyncratic if you were to introduce Validity On
First Use in it...

Peter.