Smart card

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Apr 4 04:27:12 CEST 2017

> What do you mean by "will be better served by avoiding them"? What's the
> reservation?

Imagine we're in a restaurant and you ask me, "Should I order the
pizza?"  Well, beats heck out of me.  I don't know you from Adam, I
don't know your personal tastes, I don't even know if you're hungry.  So
I shrug and say, "Sure, if you like pizza."  You may think that's a
useless answer, but the question was no champ, either.

Should you get a smartcard?  Sure, if you need one.  But I don't know
how you expect me, or anyone else here, to be able to give a more
precise answer than that.  Only you can make those decisions about your
local security policy.

Smartcards haven't fallen out of vogue, but they're also not useful to
everyone.  Examine your needs, see if a smartcard can help satisfy those
needs, and then make your decision.  If you decide to go that route
there are plenty of people here who can help.