some beginner questions

Wouter Verhelst w at uter.be
Sat Apr 8 10:03:07 CEST 2017

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 06:23:14PM -0500, Will Senn wrote:
> Sounds like what I was led to believe to be the case, but at the end of
> the day, I don't seem to be able to sign anything with the signing
> subkey if the master key is not present (with sec instead of sec#).

At a guess, you may need to clarify what type of signing you're talking
about.

Signing a document can be done with any signing subkey; however, signing
another key can only be done by the certification key, which is usually
the master key. If that's what you're trying to do, then no, you can't
do that.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,