Smart card

Roy A. Gilmore rag at ragged-software.com
Sat Apr 8 19:30:38 CEST 2017

I've been watching this thread for a while, and felt the need to chime
in. Are smartcards (or USB tokens) a PITA? Sometimes. BUT, leaving your
private key on your laptop, tablet, or phone is about as secure as
leaving a spare key to your house under the door mat. I cringe every
time soft tokens are brought up. Laptops, tablets, and phones are
hacked, lost or stolen frequently. If a physical smartcard or USB token
seems like too much of an inconvenience, then your data probably isn't
worth taking the time to encrypt in the first place. How much is your
data worth to you?