Trouble installing Version 2.1 on Debian Jessie

Teemu Likonen tlikonen at iki.fi
Sun Apr 30 08:14:54 CEST 2017

Rex Kneisley [2017-04-29 21:03:14-07] wrote:

> I'm trying to install version 2.1 the "Debian way".

> sudo apt install -t experimental gnupg2 gnupg-agent dirmngr gpgsm
> gpgv2 scdaemon

I suggest using "testing" instead of "experimental" because testing is
the direct upgrade path from stable. Actually I'm not brave enough to
try even that (i.e., mixing stable and testing) but I'll give a direct
answer to your question anyway.

So, in your problem the package manager prefers the stable (jessie)
repository and tries to load some libraries from there. However, your
experimental gnupg packages require versions that are not in the stable.
Possible solutions:

  - Add those unmet dependencies to your "apt install -t experimental"
    command line.

  - Use "aptitude" command and its dependency solver interactively. It
    suggests different solutions. Choose the one that suggest loading
    all necessary packages from the experimental repository.

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://keybase.io/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///