GPGme operations with subkeys

gnupg.20.miller_2555 at spamgourmet.com gnupg.20.miller_2555 at spamgourmet.com
Thu Aug 3 05:05:33 CEST 2017

> On Aug 2, 2017, at 05:40, Werner Koch - wk at gnupg.org <gnupg.miller_2555.99d033b1a9.wk#gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed,  2 Aug 2017 03:05, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:
>
>> At the command line a subkey can be specifically selected by appending
>> an exclamation mark to the *subkey* key ID, but I don't believe GPGME
>> supports this behavior.
>
> That's right.  I opened a wishlist item as
>
> https://dev.gnupg.org/T3325
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>   Werner

Thank you both very much, and I sincerely appreciate the thoughtful comments.

Truly an example of the strength of the open source community. I look forward to the ongoing effort to expand functionality.

Meanwhile, I'll maintain separate keyrings as a workaround (fortunately, trust relationships have already been built by the more commonly used subkey).