gnupg or gpg-agent options for parallelism and memory usage

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Aug 4 13:36:52 CEST 2017

On Thu,  3 Aug 2017 02:35, kgallagher at cloudflare.com said:

> Is anyone aware of any options or configurations which can increase the
> efficiency of memory resource usage, allowing us to quickly decrypt more
> things at once?

Don't use too many parallel sessions.  gpg's --multifile option may help
you to serialize things but that require synchronization on your site.

I can imagine to implement a limit on parallel connections to gpg-agent
and then either return an error code (so that gpg can retry after some
time) or queue the requests up in gpg-agent.

We can't do that for 2.2 anymore, though.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner