Posting short GnuPG clear signed messages on social media sites

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Sat Aug 5 10:04:46 CEST 2017

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 02:55:39 +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 23:13:26 +0100, david at gbenet.com wrote:
>
> > (8) zbarimg can display a png like any other but seems not capable
> > of converting it back to its original form. Am working on a
> > solution
>
> Hi,
>
> sorry to hear that it is not working for you!
>
> I tried this already several times and it always worked for me.

I re-read your reply and saw that you used in point 2:

qrencode -o david.png david.asc

please try: qrencode -o david.png < david.asc

then it should work.

I also looked for other decoders and found a C++ port of zxing, which
makes the task shorter in Terminal, because we can omit sed.

https://github.com/glassechidna/zxing-cpp

Regards
Stefan

--