Cache Timeout not working correctly

Alexander Paetzelt | Nitrokey alex at nitrokey.com
Fri Aug 11 18:51:29 CEST 2017

Hello,

I try to get the max-cache-ttl-ssh in the gpg-agent.conf working, but
the cache is still saved until physically disconnecting the gnupg smartcard.

I have a working ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf with following content:

default-cache-ttl 1
max-cache-ttl 1
default-cache-ttl-ssh 1
max-cache-ttl-ssh 1
enable-ssh-support

I know that configuration file is loaded correctly as I can for example
change the used pinentry program with 'pinentry-program
/usr/bin/pinentry-qt' but the cache settings are still not used/changed.

Furthermore I tried to disable the card after some time over
~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf as a workaround with 'card-timeout 5', but no
luck either.

Do you have any idea what could produce this symptons? Is there some
other service/program which is caching?

This is gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.22.

Kind regards
Alex