fingerprint of key

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Aug 18 02:20:35 CEST 2017

On Mon 2017-08-14 22:12:18 -0300, Duane Whitty wrote:
> Actually one suggestion, the way options and commands are specified
> look the same.  It might make things clearer if there was a difference
> in the way they are expressed on the command line.  Perhaps keep the
> "--" for options and enter commands without the "--".

I also prefer this kind of "subcommand" syntax -- it matches what tools
like git and notmuch use.  However, that's a pretty radical departure
from the historical GnuPG command line, and it's likely to break all
sorts of existing things that expect to use the canonical interface.

If we're going to make radical departures like that, perhaps we should
be specifying an entirely new interface that just does "the sensible
bits" without all the rest of the arcana.

      --dkg